Quake LIVE - TDM NC
Rules - Quake LIVE TDM NC
House of Quake Leagues - Quake LIVE Nations Cup TDM 4v4 Rules
Revision 4c - 02/06/2021
1 - General
1.1 - The House of Quake NationsCup is an online Quake Live Team Deathmatch tournament (TDM 4v4), consisting of up to X teams and Y divisions, each division containing X teams maximum. One round of matches is played each week, for a consecutive 9-10 weeks depending on the size of your division. After the groups are being finished we continue with playoffs - which we likely play on a weekend end of November 2021.
1.2 - The league is supervised and run by the HoQ admins and all important decisions are taken among this team. Abusive and/or disrespectful behavior towards any member of the admin team will be punished.
1.3 - All cases and eventualities may not be covered by the rules. In the case of such a situation the admin team will discuss it and make a decision. If necessary, the rules can be subject to revision during the current season.
2 - General Format
- Admins assign your team to one division.
- Matches are played as best-of-3 (bo3).
- Each team gets one wildcard to use in the season. Wildcard is used when you are not able to play on the set or agreed date, using this card will move your match to a date at the end of the season called the catch up period.
2.1 - The schedule is as following:
- Sign-ups open: Sunday 5th June 2022
- Sign-ups end: Sunday 10th July 2022
- League starts: Sunday 25th September 2022
And the HoQ NC Playday is set to: Sundays 21:00 CEST
Be prepared to play your matches on that day.
2.2 - All matches can be played earlier when both teams agree and get it approved by admin.
2.3 - If both teams agreed to play a match earlier, but one of the team failed to show up, then the no-showing team receives a default loss (as if the official date). You must only agree to play earlier when your team is 100% sure to play on the newly agreed date.
2.4 - The server should use the HoQ gametype factories to enforce the proper TDM settings.
2.5 - The cup will be played using a 7 maps pool:
- Deep Inside
- Dreadful Place
- Grim Dungeons
3 - Clans and players
3.1 - Clan Leaders
- By signing up to the HoQ Nations Cup, a team leader commits to us that he/she shall ensure their clan will play all of its matches on time and abide by the rules of the cup and the instructions of admins.
- If a team doesn’t respect the time limits to play its matches they may be removed from the NC at any time.
- It is the team leader's responsibility to make sure it has enough players and subs and that those players also abide by the rules.
- By signing up as a team leader you agree to find new players if some of your members go inactive. You will try to replace them and continue the league, and failure to do so will result in you being banned from managing a team for up to 3 seasons.
3.2 - Players
- The TDM squad of a team must have 4 players minimum, and 6 players maximum.
- A player can only play in the HoQ NC if he is on the squad list of a team.
- A player can only play if he is marked as active in the HoQ NC. To obtain this status, a team leader or team captain must use the "in league" checkbox in the Squad edit page.
- A player can be only in one squad at a time.
- Adding players who haven't already played with another team in the league is permitted with admin approval.
- The players must play all matches with the nickname they have on the squad list (ID).
- A player may not be added to the squad for a game that is due to take place on the same day without admin approval.
- Teams should have a sub available for all games to avoid forfeiting per section 4.5.
- All players must play with the same Steam ID account that was set in their profile.
4 - Before the match
4.1 - The leaders or representatives of the 2 teams should meet in the HoQ discord #tdm-4v4-nations 15 minutes before the match time. Matches don't need to have an admin present unless told otherwise. If you need an admin, check in discord. Screenshots and demos will be required from both teams. Make sure all your players have the suitable cg_autoaction setting!
4.2 - The match should be played on a neutral server where the average ping difference between the 2 teams cannot be higher than 25 ms. Only visible and proved packet loss can be taken into account as a disadvantage.
4.3 - If no neutral server can be found, the match may be played with the home/away procedure described as follows:
* The match is played on 2 different servers, each team will be attributed a “home” server where its players will have a ping advantage over the players of the other team. This ping advantage must be the least possible and the most equivalent possible between the two teams. The maps picked by the teams are always played on their “away” server.
* Non-EU clans are welcome to participate but the home/away rule cannot be used by them (eg. an American clan must play all their matches on EU servers unless they are playing another American team).
* The server location for a deciding map may be forced by an admin, or chosen by /callvote cointoss.
4.4 - If no neutral server can be found and the home/away servers are clearly not equivalents, then an admin may force what he deems to be the fairest server.
4.5 - If a team was not able to field enough players 15 minutes after the scheduled time of the match, they will lose by forfeit.
4.6 - If an admin is present for the map picking, the procedure should go through him. If not then the team leaders should go through the following procedure:
* Cointoss winner picks first loser team picks second. If a third map is needed it will be decided by a cointoss which team drops first.
* Each clan picks one map from the pool (2.5 - Deep Inside, Dreadful Place, Grim Dungeons, Hidden Fortress, Limbus, Purgatory, Ragnarok). The same map cannot be picked twice.
* If a deciding map is needed then each team will drop a map and whichever map remains will be played.
4.7 - Teams may change players after maps are picked.
5 - During the match
5.1 - Each map of the match can only be played 4 versus 4. If a player of a clan drops during the last 5 minutes of the match, the match will still be considered as a 4 versus 4.
5.2 - Non-participating players are not allowed to spectate!
5.3 - If you believe there is a lagger/warper contact an admin and refer to section 8.
6 - After the match
6.1 - The winning team should report match results to one of the admins.
6.2 - All players must record demos and screenshots of the match and keep them until at least one month after the end of the cup.
6.3 - The admins may ask any player to submit demos at any time during the league.
6.4 - The members of a team may request some demos from their opponent if they suspect a violation of the rules. This should be done via the admin team with a valid suspicion.
6.5 - If a player fails to provide his demos the first time he was asked to, he will receive a warning and the admins may force the match to be replayed. If he repeats this mistake, he will be suspended for the rest of the league.
7 - Warpers
7.1 - Anyone reported to warp repeatedly will be spectated by an admin.
7.2 - Admins will decide if the warping is unfair enough to warrant removal from the league.
7.3 - Opposing teams cannot claim a default win if they don't wish to play against a warper that the admin believes can play.
7.4 - If your team has a warper, the team leader has to make sure there is a substitute in your squad available. If not, your team will be given a default loss.
8 - Cheating and behavior
8.1 - Any form of cheating that enables some form of advantage is strictly forbidden and will result in an immediate ban of the player from all current House of Quake events and probably future ones too. Further sanctions against the whole clan may also be taken at the admin team's discretion (default losses, docked points, disqualification).
8.2 - It is forbidden to listen to shoutcasts/streamings of your own games during the match.
8.3 - Participating players who are barred in other leagues or tournaments may also become barred in any House of Quake event.
8.4 - Any behavior disrupting the league or one of its matches will be punished.
9 - Violations
9.1 - Any violation of these rules by a player or a clan will be officially warned.
9.2 - The possible sanctions for a violation by a player are:
* A warning.
* A temporarily ban to play (1 match or more).
* A removal from the league.
* A ban from future leagues.
9.3 - The possible sanctions for a violation by a team are:
* A warning.
* A default loss.
* A removal from the league.
* A ban from future leagues.