Quake LIVE - TDM 2v2
Rules - Quake LIVE TDM 2v2
House of Quake Leagues - Quake Live TDM 2v2 Rules
Revision 1a - 01/11/2017
1 - General
1.1 - The House of Quake Winter Season is an online Quake Live Team Deathmatch League (TDM 2v2).
1.2 - The league is supervised and run by the HoQ admins and all important decisions are taken among this team. Abusive and/or disrespectful behavior towards any member of the admin team will be punished.
1.3 - All cases and eventualities may not be covered by the rules. In the case of such a situation the admin team will discuss it and make a decision. If necessary, the rules can be subject to revision during the current season.
2 - General Format
- Admins assign your team to the division.
- Many things are taken into consideration when seeding the teams. If a mistake appears in the draft seeds, contact the admins.
- Matches are played as best-of-3 (bo3).
2.1 - The schedule is as following:
- Sign-ups open: Sunday 17th December 2017
- Sign-ups end: Sunday 31st December 2017
- The league starts: Monday 15th January 2018
Be prepared to play your matches on time.
2.2 - The server should use the HoQ gametype factories to enforce the proper TDM settings.
2.3 - The league will be played using a 5 maps pool: Almost Lost, Bloodrun, Campgrounds, Devilish, Hidden Fortress.
3 - Clans and players
3.1 - Clan Leaders
- By signing up to the HoQ TDM 2v2 Winter league, a clan leader commits to us that he/she shall ensure their clan will play all of its matches on time and abide by the rules of the cup and the instructions of admins.
- If a clan doesn’t respect the time limits to play its matches they may be removed from the league at any time.
- It is the clan leader's responsibility to make sure it has enough players and that those players also abide by the rules.
- By signing up as a clan leader you agree to find new players if some of your members go inactive. You will try to replace them and continue the league, and failure to do so will result in you being banned from managing a team for up to 3 seasons.
3.2 - Players
- The TDM squad of a clan must have 2 players.
- A player can only play in the HoQ Leagues if he is on the squad list of a clan.
- A player can only play if he is marked as active in the HoQ TDM 2v2 Winter Season. To obtain this status, a clan leader or team captain must use the "in cup" checkbox in the Squad edit page.
- A player can be only in one squad at a time.
- Adding players who haven't already played with another clan in the cup is permitted with admin approval.
- The players must play all matches with the nickname they have on the squad list (ID).
- A player may not be added to the squad for a game that is due to take place on the same day without admin approval.
- Clans should have a sub available for all games to avoid forfeiting per section 4.5.
- All players must play with the same Steam ID account that was set in their profile.
4 - Before the match
4.1 - The leaders or representatives of the 2 teams should meet on the IRC channel #HoQLeagues (quakenet) 15 minutes before the match time. Matches don't need to have an admin present unless told otherwise. If you need an admin, check on IRC or Discord. Screenshots and demos will be required from both teams. Make sure all your players have the suitable cg_autoaction setting!
4.2 - The match should be played on a neutral server where the average ping difference between the 2 clans cannot be higher than 25 ms. Only visible and proved packet loss can be taken into account as a disadvantage.
4.3 - If no neutral server can be found, the match may be played with the home/away procedure described as follows:
* The match is played on 2 different servers, each clan will be attributed a “home” server where its players will have a ping advantage over the players of the other clan. This ping advantage must be the least possible and the most equivalent possible between the two clans. The maps picked by the clans are always played on their “away” server.
* Non-EU clans are welcome to participate but the home/away rule cannot be used by them (eg. an American clan must play all their matches on EU servers unless they are playing another American team).
* The server location for a deciding map may be forced by an admin, or chosen by /callvote cointoss.
4.4 - If no neutral server can be found and the home/away servers are clearly not equivalents, then an admin may force what he deems to be the fairest server.
4.5 - If a clan was not able to field enough players 15 minutes after the scheduled time of the match, they will lose by forfeit.
4.6 - If an admin is present for the map picking, the procedure should go through him. If not then the clan leaders should go through the following procedure:
* The cointoss winner picks first. The team that picks second will drop first in the event of a deciding map.
* Each clan picks one map from the pool (2.3 - Almost Lost, Bloodrun, Campgrounds, Devilish, Hidden Fortress). The same map cannot be picked twice.
* If a deciding map is needed then each team will drop a map and whichever map remains will be played.
5 - During the match
5.1 - Each map of the match can only be played 2 versus 2.
5.2 - Non-participating players are not allowed to spectate!
5.3 - If you believe there is a lagger/warper contact an admin and refer to section 8.
6 - After the match
6.1 - The winning team should report match results to one of the admins.
6.2 - All players must record demos and screenshots of the match and keep them until at least one month after the end of the league.
6.3 - The admins may ask any player to submit demos at any time during the league.
6.4 - The members of a team may request some demos from their opponent if they suspect a violation of the rules. This should be done via the admin team with a valid suspicion.
7 - Warpers
7.1 - Anyone reported to warp repeatedly will be spectated by an admin.
7.2 - Admins will decide if the warping is unfair enough to warrant removal from the league.
7.3 - Opposing teams cannot claim a default win if they don't wish to play against a warper that the admin believes can play.
7.4 - If your team has a warper, the team leader has to make sure there is a substitute in your squad available. If not, your team will be given a default loss.
8 - Cheating and behavior
8.1 - Any form of cheating that enables some form of advantage is strictly forbidden and will result in an immediate ban of the player from all current House of Quake events and probably future ones too. Further sanctions against the whole clan may also be taken at the admin team's discretion (default losses, docked points, disqualification).
8.2 - It is forbidden to listen to shoutcasts/streamings of your own games during the match.
8.3 - Participating players who are barred in other leagues or tournaments may also become barred in any House of Quake event.
8.4 - Any behavior disrupting the league or one of its matches will be punished.
9 - Violations
9.1 - Any violation of these rules by a player or a clan will be officially warned.
9.2 - The possible sanctions for a violation by a player are:
* A warning.
* A removal from the league.
* A ban from future leagues.
9.3 - The possible sanctions for a violation by a team are:
* A warning.
* A default loss.
* A removal from the league.
* A ban from future leagues.